Monday, November 8, 2010

Stuffed Tenderloin - Mmmm, Mmmm Good!!


Last week I made one of my families favorite recipies and thought I'd share it with all of you.  I admit to NEVER having steak when we go out for dinner - I much prefer chicken and fish, however this recipe can't be topped.  I have to give props to my uncle, Paul Hintz who originally shared the recipe with me. 

Stuffed Tenderloin

1 whole, trimmed tenderloin
1 lb. bacon
4 cloves garlic
1 medium onion - chopped
2 c. mozzerella cheese
1 can mushrooms
cooking wine
steak seasoning (I use Lowry's)





In a pan, fry 4 slices of bacon cut in 1/2 pieces.  When nearly crisp add onions, mushrooms, garlic wine and seasoning.  Cook until liquids evaporate.






Filet the tenderloin to make a pocket. 
















Season and stuff with ingredients in the pan.  Top with mozzerella cheese.


















Fold pocket closed and wrap with bacon.  Secure pocket closed and bacon to the loin with toothpicks.  (This is the tricky part - I usually end up using 15 or more toothpicks. Sometimes a glass of wine for the cook helps!)









Sear the loin in the pan you used earlier. 










Wrap in aluminum foil and place on broiler pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.  I usually cut into the thickest part to determine the meat is done to our liking (medium rare).  Open foil on top and place under the broiler to crisp the bacon to your liking.









 Enjoy (preferably with a nice glass of Merlot!)!!

If any of you try this recipe I'd love to hear what you think.  I don't claim to be an expert cook, but I do know good food.







The best part of this recipe is it includes two products that our farm producess - beef and dairy!

1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic. Is this an invitation?

    Uncle Paul

    ReplyDelete