Monday, November 29, 2010

Giving Thanks!

~ "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." - William Arthur Ward

The past several days have proved to be very busy!  We had our traditional Fitzgerald Thanksgiving Dinner, dinner with my husbands family, my Aunt and her boys as house guests for three nights, a little "Black Friday" shopping and a few shifts managing the herd of 1000 Holsteins.  I actually am having a great Monday - sometimes the daily grind is welcome!

In thinking of Thanksgiving and the true meaning (no it's not all about pumpkin pie, deer hunting and football) I was reminded that Thanksgiving is a celebration of the years harvest.  While it is easy to be thankful for those things which are most important in our lives like family, friends, health, etc. do we really take time to be thankful for those who provide food for our country?  I am truly grateful to be a part of an industry that does just that. 

Thank you to all my fellow farmers who take great care of our Earth while growing great crops to feed our country and provide for our animals.  From the turkey farmer to the cranberry farmer and the pumpkin grower to the grain farmer - my deepest appreciation for all your hard work!

~ "Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action." - W. J. Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment