Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

As I have become older, my fascination with my Irish Heritage has too.  (Funny, I never boast about my Bohemian ancestry??)  We've already been celebrating this year.  Mom brought Ruben's for the crew at Soaring Eagle Dairy last week - since Stacy insisted that if she wait until the 17th, she may be out on maternity leave.  We're still waiting for Baby Klotz to make his arrival!!

Additionally, today my daughter and I got in the Irish spirit of things when we built this snowman.  Proof that Old Man Winter truly is Irish!!


A few years back, all the Fitzgerald Women, spent St. Patrick's Day in Chicago.  We took in the parade, saw the river died green and had the best time ever!!


But the big deal this year will be our first every participation in Manitowoc's St. Patrick's Day parade.  We will have a float and the Fitzgerald Clan members will be handing out cheese and coloring books.  If you're from the area and you attend the parade, please be sure to watch for Clara - our green calf!!  The parade starts at 6:30 in downtown Manitowoc.  For those of you who aren't local, not to worry...there will be pictures to follow!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the green snowman. And cheese and coloring books, if only Manitowoc wasn't 7 hours away, I would be there.

    ReplyDelete